Saving money is super important, but it can also be hard to do. I have tested several apps/websites that make saving easier and below I have compiled several easy ways to save. Don’t worry if you don’t have a computer. Most of these ways have apps or you can use your mobile browser. One even rounds your purchases to the nearest dollar, helping you save a little at a time without, making a big impact on your budget! Links on this page will bring you to the full blog post of the topic for more information.
- How to get Discounted Newspapers
- Save on car insurance with Metromile
- Save the change rounded to the nearest $1 from your purchases with Acorns
- Save and learn to invest with Stash
- Save on meat with fresh from farm Zaycon Fresh
- Save on tools and equipment with the Craftsman Club
- Save on Self-Employment taxes with Quickbooks Self-Employed
Saving money with cash back
Using apps and websites that give cash back is a great way to save money. You make a purchase like normal, then upload a receipt of your purchase to get cash back on certain items. Some apps allow you to connect your store loyalty cards so the purchases are automatically tracked. Meaning you don’t need to upload your receipt and payment is automatically applied.
This is a way of advertising for companies as it’s cheaper than paying thousands of dollars for commercials and magazine ads. It’s also a way to reach people who don’t see advertising by normal means. The app receives compensation from the brand manufacturer then passes on some of that compensation onto you for using the app. The way I use cash back apps is by using earned gift cards from Swagbucks, Ibotta and more, then use those gift cards towards purchases that give cash back. It’s less money out of my pocket and more savings.
- Save on shopping with Shop Your Way and earn cashback in points. You can also play sweeps to earn free points towards purchases.
- Earn cashback with Ibotta
- Earn cashback with Checkout 51
- Earn cashback with Paribus
- Earn cashback with Shopkick and earn gift cards for using your cell phone to scan item barcodes in store.
- Earn cashback with Dosh
- Save on Google Play purchases with Google Opinion Rewards app
- Earn cash back with Swagbucks
- Earn cash back on every Uber ride as a driver or rider through Shop Your Way, an Uber partner.
- Earn cash back with SavingStar on groceries and household goods.